The overall objective (Impact) to which this action contributes is:
to create environment for optimal absorption, use and management of EU funds which will lead to better EU approximation process in the environment and climate action sector.
The specific objectives (Outcomes) of this contract are as follows:
to provide technical assistance to the IPA structure within MoEPP in programming, tendering, implementation and monitoring. Specifically,
- to improve the capacity of the IPA structure within the MoEPP, related to management, implementation and monitoring;
- to prepare complete applications and tendering/contractual documents for minimum 10 mature projects ready to be contracted;
- to support the IPA structure within the MoEPP, as well as capacities of final beneficiaries in acquiring experience and knowledge regarding project preparation, project monitoring and implementation and in contract management, through training activities.
- To prepare IPA III Operational Programme 2024-2027, ready for approval
Key expert has a crucial role in implementing the contract. These terms of reference contain the required key experts’ profiles.
All experts must have an excellent command of English, oral and writing and computer literacy.
The core Project Team shall consist of the following key expert- Team Leader and a pool of non-key experts. During the inception phase of the project, a deployment plan of the short-term assistance will be developed in cooperation with the direct Beneficiary.
At least 90% of the Contractor’s activities should be implemented in the Beneficiary country. In exceptional cases, the Contracting Authority may approve working days out of the beneficiary country based on duly substantiated written justifications.
The intended start date is October 2023 and the period of implementation of the contract will be 30 months from this date.
The profiles of the non-key experts for this contract are as follows:
- EU funds management expert
- Programming of EU funds expert
- Procurement Expert
- Projects’ Monitoring Expert
The Contractor will engage the following categories of non-key experts:
All senior experts should at least have:
- University Degree(s) in the respective field(s) of the required expertise; or equivalent 7 year experience in respective field(s) of required expertise
- At least 5 years of work experience from which at least the last 3 years shall provide experience in the field of the required expertise
- International experience in the relevant field shall be considered an asset
All junior experts should at least have:
- University Degree(s) in the respective field(s) of the required expertise; or equivalent 5- year experience in respective field(s) of required expertise
- At least 3 years of work experience of which at least the last 2 years shall provide experience in the field of the required expertise
Specifically, the non-key experts are expected to have the following technical knowledge, skills-sets and experience (not exhaustive):
IPA programming, cohesion funds programming, project identification, preparation and implementation, project feasibility studies, cost-benefit-analysis, project financial and sensitivity analysis, engineering, preparation of project tendering documentation under IPA regulation/PRAG and FIDIC, monitoring and evaluation of projects and programmes, IFI project funding (e.g. EIB), relevant experience in preparation of applications for infrastructure covered by the OP, knowledge/experience in elaboration of Feasibility studies, knowledge and experience in developing EIA procedure adapted to infrastructure projects, implementation of financial and economic analysis to projects on relevant sectors, appraisals of projects, delivery of training in programming and implementation of projects, knowledge and experience in developing infrastructure contracts implementation procedures, etc.
Note: The daily fee for the work performed in home office should be lower than the one for the time spent in North Macedonia. This should be appropriately reflected in the financial offer.
All experts must be independent and free from conflicts of interest in the responsibilities they take on.
The project is planned to start in October 2023 and last 30 months.
If you have any additional questions, please contact us at [email protected]