TERMS OF REFERECE
|FOR NON-KEY EXPERTISE|
|Title||Technical Assistance for the benefit of the National Human Rights Council in Morocco|
|Beneficiary institution||National Human Rights Council in Morocco (CNDH)|
|Funding institution||European Union|
|Description of the project and context||The specific objective of the Technical Assistance is to “support the CNDH in implementing its action plan and operational plan for the period 2022-2024.”
The specific objective of the Technical Assistance is as follows: “The strategy of the CNDH is effectively implemented for the promotion and protection of human rights, and prevention of human rights violations in Morocco.”
The expected results are as follows:
• R 1.1: The capacities of the CNDH are strengthened to lead its strategy and action plan in support of the promotion and protection of human rights, and prevention of violations in Morocco.
• R 1.2: The CNDH implements its strategy and action plan regarding human rights.
These results will be the outputs of activities distributed within 6 intervention areas (i.e., components), detailed below:
· Component 0: Coordination, management, and monitoring of the technical assistance market;
· Component A: Support to the steering system;
· Component B: Support for the implementation of the CNDH’s HR policy;
· Component C: Support for the implementation of the communication strategy;
· Component D: Support to event organization;
· Component E: Thematic expertise.
|Title||Activity C 1 “Support and accompany the implementation of the new communication strategy/action plan of the CNDH”
|Description of the mission||The National Human Rights Council in Morocco (CNDH) has a communication department that needs support in developing an institutional communication strategy related to the implementation of its strategic plan and operational action plan for 2022-2024. This new communication strategy will allow the CNDH to better promote its activities, enhance its image, and generate support for its objectives.
The internet today represents an essential communication channel for promoting and protecting human rights carried out by the CNDH within the framework of its strategy.
The mission will be carried out in three phases:
1. First, an analysis of the existing communication tools and channels to assess their effectiveness and propose possible improvements.
2. Next, supporting the CNDH communication department in developing a new communication strategy.
3. Finally, analyzing and developing institutional and digital communication training for the staff.
In order to determine the general and specific objectives of the communication strategy, the expert will work closely with the CNDH communication department and also consult with other departments, mechanisms, and committees to consider the specificity of the information/messages they wish to convey, as well as the target audiences they intend to reach.
The expert will also take into account the role played or that should be played by the Regional Human Rights Commissions (CRDH) in the communication strategy.
|Number/category of expert(s) required||1 Senior Non-Key Expert|
|Duration of the mission||20 (twenty) working days|
|Indicative dates||June to July 2023|
|Mission location||Rabat, Morocco|
|Work language||French and Arabic|
|1.- Description of the mission|
The CNDH adopted a strategic plan for 2022-2024 and an operational action plan in May 2021. It is therefore necessary to communicate to a wide audience about the activities carried out by the CNDH within this framework and highlight the achievements in terms of human rights protection and promotion.
Effective communication requires the use of operational and efficient communication tools and resources. It also entails accurately defining the target audiences, which are inherently diverse, and consequently adapting the messages/content intended for them.
Therefore, implementing a coherent and effective communication plan should facilitate better dissemination of information about the CNDH’s strategy and, consequently, enhance understanding and popularization of human rights issues among institutional partners and citizens.
Optimal utilization of communication tools and resources requires training of the CNDH executives and staff in institutional and digital communication. Hence, an analysis of the training needs will be conducted, leading to the development of a training program.
|1.2.- Working method
|1.3.- Activities and expected results
Analysis of CNDH communication tools
· Analysis of strategic documents in terms of communication and digital promotion;
· Analysis of communication tools and media developed by the CNDH;
Following these analyses, the expert will formulate recommendations to improve the CNDH’s communication tools and media, which will serve as support for its communication strategy. These recommendations should take the form of an action plan accompanied by an implementation schedule.
Support for the development of a CNDH communication strategy
· Definition of CNDH institutional communication objectives
· Identification and analysis of target audiences. Given the diversity of the audiences concerned by the CNDH’s missions (institutional partners, media, public opinion), the content of the messages and the distribution/dissemination channels should be adapted accordingly.
Support to the development of an action plan for the implementation of the CNDH communication strategy
· Establishment of an implementation plan for the strategy previously developed, accompanied by a timetable specifying the activities to be carried out, the expected results, the respective responsibilities for implementation and the means allocated by activity.
Support for the development of training for CNDH staff in institutional and digital communication
· Analysis of staff training needs
· Development of a training program in institutional and digital communication.
· Communication tools and media will be the subject of recommendations to improve their efficiency and performance. An action plan will be drawn up for the implementation of the said recommendations accompanied by a timetable for implementation;
· A draft communication strategy of the CNDH will be established defining on the one hand the communication objectives taking into account the objectives of the strategic plan and the operational action plan 2022-2024 of the CNDH and on the other hand identifying the target audiences and analyzing their information needs/levels;
· A proposal for an action plan for the implementation of the communication strategy, consistent with the CNDH’s 2022-2024 operational action plan, accompanied by an implementation schedule;
· Analysis of training needs in institutional and digital communication for CNDH staff and development of a training program.
|1.4. – Deliverables
· Action plan for strengthening CNDH communication tools and media + calendar;
· Draft CNDH communication strategy (including objectives and target audiences);
· Proposal for an action plan for the implementation of the communication strategy of the CNDH with an implementation schedule;
· CNDH staff training program in institutional and digital communication based on needs assessment;
|1.5.- Reports/other types of written deliverables
1.5.1.- Mission report
The expert must submit a mission report, which must be prepared according to the model sent to the expert by the project team. The expert must present the work carried out as described in the “assignment description” section above.
To whom to submit the report:
To the Team Leader – Michel IOGNA-PRAT ([email protected]) and DMI (Constance Theoleyre,[email protected] and Dana Oussenova,[email protected])
Deadline for report submission:
Within 5 days after the end of the mission, the expert must submit a draft mission report.
If DMI Associates and the project team have comments, they must submit them to the expert no later than one week after receipt of the draft report. After receiving the comments, the expert will submit his final report within one week.
1.5.2.- Attendance sheet
The expert will submit the attendance sheet, which must be prepared according to the template provided by DMI and the project team. Three original copies must be signed by the expert and given to DMI or the project team (electronic signatures are not valid).
To whom to submit attendance sheets:
To the Team Leader – Michel IOGNA-PRAT ([email protected]) and DMI (Constance Theoleyre,[email protected]and Dana Oussenova,[email protected])
Deadline for submission of attendance sheets:
At the end of the mission
|1.6.- Progress of the mission (indicative dates)
Introductory meeting: March 13 (morning);
Interviews with the CNDH Communication Department + analysis of communication tools and media: March 14 – 18;
Interviews with the directorates and other entities of the CNDH: March 20-21;
Development of the action plan and the draft strategy: 22-24 March (morning);
Restitution meeting: March 24 (afternoon).
|2.- Required profile of the consultant(s)|
|2.1.- Title of the position, number of consultant(s) and duration
Category: NKE Senior
Number of Consultants: One consultant required
Duration:20 (twenty) working days (weekends, holidays and travel days cannot be considered as working days)
|2.2.- Profile(s) of the consultant(s)
Qualifications and skills:
1. A higher education diploma of a minimum level BAC + 5 in the field of communication or journalism (or failing that, professional experience of at least 10 years in the relevant field of expertise)
2. Excellent ability to analyze communication tools and media, including digital;
3. An excellent command of the French language (spoken and written),
4. A very good command of the Arabic language (spoken and written).
5. Master common IT tools.
General work experience:
1. At least 10 years of experience in the field of communication,including in the field of digital communication (internet and social networks)
Specific work experience
1. Previous experience in formulating communication training programs;
2. Previous experience in developing a communication strategy of a public institution, including digital communication tools, and previous experience in organizing trainings in communication techniques would be considered an asset;
3. Previous experience in an international cooperation project in communication would be an asset;
4. Previous work experience in the Southern Neighborhood region will be considered an asset.
|3.- Other information|
|3.1.- Information on the beneficiary institution
Beneficiary institution: CNDH
Responsible person within the project team: Michel IOGNA-PRAT, team leader ([email protected]) (+ 212 18.104.22.168.30)
3.2.- Liability and confidentiality
The experts work under the supervision of the main expert, in charge of the activity. The framework and working method are determined by mutual agreement at the start of the assignment.
The experts are required to respect the rules of professional ethics and confidentiality with regard to the use of the documents to which they have access or which they produce within the framework of their mission, as well as strict compliance with the internal regulations of the technical support team.