Deadline for submission: 25/06/2020
Overall objective: Contribute to the implementation of the justice sector reform strategy, as well as the objectives set out in PARJ III. The general objective of PARJ III is to contribute to the consolidation of the rule of law and good governance in Tunisia. The specific objectives of the program, within the framework of the 2016-2020 Action Plan, are three in number: strengthening the independence and impartiality of the judiciary (SO1); improve the quality of justice (SO2) and widen access to justice (SO3).
Purpose: The contract aims in particular to mobilize and provide beneficiaries with technical assistance in order to achieve the following specific objectives:
- Specific objective 1: Strengthen the jurisdictional power (judicial, financial and administrative justice) to guarantee its independence and its son impartiality;
- Specific objective 2: Support the judicial reform process (particularly in civil and commercial matters) and penitentiary reform, by strengthening the institutional and operational capacities and skills of the beneficiaries, for effective and better quality justice for all;
- Specific objective 3: Further strengthen access to quality law and justice for all – with a particular focus on the rights of women, children and people living in vulnerable situations.
Results to be achieved by the contractor:
Result 1: Governance and independence of the judiciary are improved;
Result 2.1: The planning, coordination and monitoring capacities of the DOJ are strengthened to ensure the continuity, consolidation and overall coherence of its actions;
Result 2.2: The capacities and skills of the partners in the judicial reform (including those intervening in civil and commercial matters) and the penitentiary are strengthened in order to improve the quality of the services rendered;
Result 2.3: The synergies between justice and the business climate are deepened and the reforms of civil and commercial, real estate and tax justice are supported;
Result 3: Access to law and justice is improved for all.
Position: Key Expert 2 – Reform of Commercial Justice (660 WD)
Qualifications and skills:
- A university degree in law or equivalent, preferably in commercial and / or business law procedures (master’s degree);
- Good oral and editorial communication skills;
- A perfect command of the oral and written French language as well as a good knowledge of English
General professional experience:
- At least 10 years of professional experience in reforms and / or areas related to strengthening the rule of law;
- At least 6 years of experience (not necessarily continuous) in managing projects aimed at strengthening the capacities of judicial actors, contributing to good governance and improving the business climate.
Specific professional experience:
- Demonstrated work experience of minimum 5 years in the field of commercial justice and / or investment law.
- Demonstrated ability to support a judicial reform process in a complex political and institutional context;
- Demonstrated ability to carry out expert missions in matters of civil, commercial justice and business climate.
- Professional experience in the field of modernization of commercial justice in an EU Member State or in a country in transition (neighborhood countries or countries applying for EU membership) would be an advantage;
- Experience in identifying and formulating projects;
- Experience in training;
- The practice of the Arabic language would be an advantage.
- The justification of a gender approach expertise would be an advantage
Main station is Tunis, Tunisia. Some activities may take place in some EU countries.
The indicative date scheduled for the start of implementation is October 16, 2020 for a period of 36 months from this date (duration depending on the start date, knowing that the implementation of the Program goes until 24 / 10/2023).