Overall objective is:
to which this action contributes is to improve humane and effective delivery of justice for all, especially those living in marginalised and most vulnerable situations.
The Specific(s) Objective(s) (Outcomes) of this this contract are as follows:
- SO 1: Enhance effectiveness and legal coordination frameworks of the key justice institutions
- SO 2: Improve access to justice for all, especially for the population living in the most vulnerable situations and women
Key expert 1: Team Leader and Democratic Governance Expert (maximum: 820 days
Qualifications and skills
- A post-graduate degree in development studies, public administration, social or political science, law or in other field related to project management or equivalent relevant professional experience;
- Excellent communication skills with good command of both spoken and written English;
General professional experience
- Minimum of 10 years of professional experience in the management and coordination of development cooperation programmes/projects;
- Good leadership and coordination skills with minimum of 3 years of experience of team management;
- Knowledge of transfer skills for capacity building activities (specific reference to this kind of activities to be made in the CV so to quantify years of relevant experience);
Specific professional experience
- At least 8 years of experience in implementing, monitoring and/or evaluating programmes/projects related to access to justice and domestic accountability;
- Knowledge of project cycle management and EU rules and procedures will be an added advantage (at least 1 EU funded project of at least 1 year duration, managed);
- Demonstrable experience in implementing sector-wide approaches in support of good governance will be an added advantage (number of years managing SWAp projects);
- Previous work in Sub-Saharan Africa shall be considered as an added advantage.
All experts must be independent and free from conflicts of interest in the responsibilities they take on.
The Technical Assistance will operate from the Project Management Unit (PMU) which will be based in Lilongwe, the Capital City of Malawi. Considerable travel outside of Lilongwe should be anticipated for implementation of activities and monitoring of the programme.
Start date & period of implementation:
The intended start date is 1st September 2023 and the period of implementation of the contract will be 48 months from this date.
Deadline for submission of CVs: May 25, 2023