The overall objective is to inform, raise awareness and enhance the visibility of The EU Facility for Refugees in Turkey funded activities, to communicate the EU’s commitment to supporting Turkey in its efforts to host the biggest number of persons in need of international protection in the world.
- Raising awareness about the EU’s efforts to support refugees and persons eligible for subsidiary protection and their host communities in Turkey.
- Confirming the EU’s commitment within the 18 March EU-Turkey Statement and displaying concrete examples as well as their impact on the ground.
- Informing EU Member States and the International community as well as EU public about the EU’s actions in support of refugees and persons eligible for subsidiary protection and their host communities in Turkey under the Facility for Refugees in Turkey.
- Addressing misperceptions about EU’s support to refugees in Turkey.
- Delivering key messages to Turkish public on the EU’s support for refugees and host communities in Turkey through communication activities and products.
Key expert: Team Leader
Qualifications and skills:
- S/he has a bachelor degree in social sciences, preferably in communication, journalism or public relations, or: any university bachelor’s degree plus work experience of minimum 15 years in communication, journalism or public relations.
- University degree higher than a bachelor degree in communication, journalism or public relations or a relevant, directly related discipline will be an asset
- C1 level for understanding, speaking and writing skills in English according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages available at https://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/en/resources/european-language-levels-cefr
- Full computer literacy.
- C1 or higher level for understanding, speaking and writing skills in Turkish according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages available at https://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/en/resources/european-language-levels-cefr will be an asset.
- Good working knowledge of Arabic is an asset
General professional experience:
- At least 10 years work experience in media sector and/or in film production;
- At least 4 years of management experience is required Specific professional experience:
- 5 years or more of work experience in journalism and TV production;
Specific professional experience:
- 4 years of experience in project management;
- Experience in content creation for mass public;
- Experience in refugee related projects is an asset;
- Experience in management of international/EU funded projects is an asset;
- Proven knowledge of the Turkish & Middle East media landscape is required, knowledge of EU countries’ media landscape is an asset.
Deadline for submission of CVs: July 14, 2021
The operational base of the project is Ankara, Turkey. All full time key experts should be contactable readily during the implementation period in Ankara so that the uninterrupted flow of services and close coordination with the EU Delegation can be guaranteed. The Contractor is required to accommodate and organise itself for any required regular and/or ad hoc visits or meetings with the EU Delegation, as requested. This may include requests for meetings at short notice, e.g. on the same day, if required.
Start date & period of implementation
The intended start date is 15 December 2021 and the period of implementation of the contract will be 45 months from this date.