Overall objective is:
Prepare the statistical authorities in the partner countries for future EU membership by aligning their present methodologies and practice with the statistical acquis and to integrate them into the European Statistical System.
The action will directly contribute to the increased production of acquis-compliant statistical data in the partner countries.
Key expert 4: Social statistics specialist
Scope of work
- The expert will assist the contract manager in organising the support for partner countries and coordinate the work in the statistical projects related to the area of his/her expertise.
The social statistics specialist has to satisfy the following requirements:
Qualifications and skills
- University degree in economics/social science/statistics or proven practical experience of at least 8 years in social statistics.
- Excellent command of English (written and spoken, equivalent to level C1 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages).
General professional experience
- A minimum of five years professional experience in producing official statistics acquired from working in a national agency producing official statistics in any country of the ESS or Eurostat, either by direct employment or through consultancy work; and at least 400 days of this experience are in producing social statistics during the last 5 years.
- Previous experience of at least three years in managing cooperation projects. More than three years in management of cooperation projects will be an asset.
- Reporting experience for at least three projects.
- Experience in working in an international environment.
- Experience in working with the enlargement countries (those that were/are enlargement countries during the period from 2005 up till now) will be an asset.
Specific professional experience
- Minimum four years of professional experience as a compiler of social statistics gained from working in a national agency producing official statistics in any country of the ESS or Eurostat, either by direct employment or through consultancy working.
- More than four years of specific professional experience as a compiler of social statistics gained from working in a national agency producing official statistics in any country of the ESS or Eurostat, either by direct employment or through consultancy working will be an asset.
- Proven knowledge and experience in quality in statistics will be an asset.
All experts must be independent and free from conflicts of interest in the responsibilities they take on.
Start date & period of implementation:
The intended start date is 1 January 2024 and the period of implementation of the contract will be 48 months from this date.
Activities will take place in the most appropriate location as identified in agreement with the Commission and the partner countries. This will usually be in the premises of the Contractor, in the partner countries, in EFTA countries, in ENP countries or in the European Union, and for meetings with Eurostat management staff at Eurostat offices in Luxembourg. Exceptionally and with prior approval by Eurostat, an activity could take place in another country not mentioned above.
Deadline for submission of CVs: August 20, 2023